IROKKO Inc. Privacy Notice for the Website and for the Mobile App – Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and version in accordance with the Online Privacy Protection Act.
IROKKO Inc. is committed to the protection of your privacy. This notice explains why and how IROKKO Inc. we, in the capacity as a data processor for our users, collect, use, disclose, retain and protect your personal data. We understand your rights and will explain how you can exercise those rights.
When we refer to IROKKO Inc. , “we”, “our”, we mean IROKKO Inc , a company registered in Quebec City under number 1172781636 whose headquarters is located at address: 155 boul. Charest East, RDC , Quebec (Quebec) G1K 3G6 .
When we refer to “you” we mean end users utilizing the Irokko’s website and mobile app .
Enquiries concerning how we process your personal data, or if you have questions about your data subject rights, please email us by email at: email@example.com .
What personal data do we collect and for what purposes?
We collect three types of information about you :
- basic service information (information required to provide basic services);
- voluntary information (information required to provide additional services);
- optional information (information required for analysis and marketing).
Account registration (direct collection, basic service)
- contact information and the following: first name, last name, email and country of residence ;
Creating a profile (direct collection, voluntary)
- Profile information and the following: first name, last name, country , email.
Purchase of services (direct collection, basic service)
- payment information : credit card data or other payment instruments information.
Interaction with our staff and postings (direct collection, voluntary)
- correspondence and communications with us such as enquiries (first name, last name , email address);
- messages on our social media, comments you post on our website;
Contests and surveys (direct collection, voluntary)
- first name, last name, email address and address.
Newsletter registration (direct collection, voluntary)
- first name and last name ;
- email address.
Website or mobile application usage- demographics, geographic and technical information (indirect collection, optional)
- websites visited;
- devices used;
- user preferences;
- device ID and GPS location;
- what advertisements have been placed for the users.
Mobile application :
- device ID and GPS location;
- Type of mobile device you are using
- The operating system version of your mobile device;
- Frequency with which you use the application.
How and when do we process your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data in the following cases when:
- you open an account with us;
- you create your profile;
- you use one of our services;
- you visit our website;
- you use the mobile app
- you visit our social media sites;
- you participate in contests and surveys;
- you communicate with customer service (phone, email ) ;
- you communicate with us by email;
- you provide us with a testimonial;
- you apply for a job
- we receive a referral to you;
What is the legal basis for the collection of personal data?
For your and our legitimate interest : we use your personal information to enable you to use our services. We use your payment information to process a transaction when you offset your GHG emissions . We assume you understand that we need your contact . We will not ask for explicit consent at the time you place an order or when you open an account.
To comply with legal obligation: in certain circumstances, we will need to disclose your personal data in response to an inquiry from a regulatory authority, the police or other government bodies.
We have no legal basis other than consent to the collection of demographic, geographic and technical information for analytics and marketing purposes. Therefore, we will ask you for your written consent before proceeding with the collection.
- We may use this information to offer you our services.
- We can offer you incentives in exchange for your participation in our surveys and contests.
Whom do we share personal data with?
We may disclose your personal information with :
- our staff;
- our Canadian reforestation partners to trace each tree planted with your user profile ;
Transborder Data flows (data collected in Canada transferred to locations outside of Canada) and restricted transfers ( personal data transfers outside of the EEA)
- All our partners that help us delivering our services reside in Canada. No personal data is transferred outside of Canada. Although reforestation can be done outside of Canada, our Canadian partners transfer to their reforestation partners in other countries only the volume of trees to be planted on behalf of Irokko ;
- We will not ask for your written consent and we can not offer you alternatives, as the IT infrastructure in the cloud service provider platform and our partner services are essential to the delivery of our services.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal information as long as you have an account with us and three years after the last activity or when you ask us to delete the information we have about you. In case of inactivity, we will contact you before deleting your account.
Right of access :
You can access your account at any time on the mobile app.
Right to correction :
You can change your account information at any time.
Right to be forgotten :
Standalone Messenger- You can delete your account, which will automatically delete all personal data (basic service information, voluntary information and optional information proportional to the sensitivity of the information held) associated with the account. We will ask all our partners to whom we have communicated your data to delete it.
Right to restrict processing :
You can change your preferences in your account or browser settings.
Right to data portability :
You can request a copy of the data we have about you and we will provide the information by email. Please contact our support team.
Right of opposition :
You have full control of your account. Deleting your account will delete all associated data and consequently we will stop processing your personal data with us and all third parties we have shared your data with. While you have an account with us you can, at any time, change your preferences which will stop collection and processing of optional information.
- essential and functional cookies;
- analytical cookies;
- advertising, marketing and social media cookies.
Essential and functional cookies will be used without your explicit consent as they are necessary to make our services work. On the other hand, analytics, advertising, marketing and social media cookies are optional.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. The most up-to date version can be found on irokkoapp.com .